Titleist AP2 716 Steel Irons 3-9P Sale
The new Titleist AP2 716 irons are aimed a good mid-low handicap golfers who are looking for a bladed looking iron that offers a useful amount of forgiveness on those off centre strikes that we all have occasionally. From a good ball strikers point of view the sole of the AP2 716 is slightly wider than previous model to improve turf interaction and create less dig compared with previous models.
While the AP2 irons won’t offer as much distance as the new Titleist 716 AP1 irons, where the AP2 does excel is its distance consistency. Even on different strike points across the clubface, there was very minimal changes in ball speed and carry distance, meaning your bad swings maintain a surprising level of distance and accuracy.
Titleist AP2 716 Irons 3-9P Features:
* High-density tungsten weighting creates a low CG that is perfectly aligned atimpact to increase speed and distance. The tungsten weights are placed low and to the perimeter of the head using an advanced co-forging process.
* High-MOI design – with an average of 56.2g of tungsten per head, 25 percent more than the AP2 714 drives higher ball speeds across the face for more consistent distance on off-centre hits at a blade length that allows workability and shot control. Compared to the 714 AP2, the 716 AP2 has 8.5% higher MOI in the long irons and 5.5% for the full set.
* Forged carbon steel body with extreme perimeter tungsten weighting in the long and mid irons offers a combination of low CG and high MOI.
* Wider sole – A fractionally wider sole – compared to 714 AP2 – with trailing edge relief, helps the club get through the turf fast with less dig.
* Available in 3-iron (21º) to P (46º) irons, plus a W (50º) gap wedge.